The Shadow's Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shadow's Requiem

Home of Synn Shadow

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lesson Learned

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Synn
Admin
Synn

Lesson Learned Empty
PostSubject: Lesson Learned   Lesson Learned I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:03 pm

It was a beautiful day outside, as it was the day before. I watched as the wind blew through the trees. I gazed out my window thinking, it's such a lovely day. Instantly, I started to hate it. I hated the beauty because I was not allowed to go out and enjoy it. Oh, how I longed to feel the sun and the wind against my skin.

I sighed vociferously, as I continued to gaze out of the window. I had nothing to do in my room. My mom had taken all of my games, my toys, and even my television. All that she left were my books. The books that I had read so many times before were the only things left to entertain me. One of these books lay in my lap open to the page I was reading before I was distracted by the beauty of the outdoors. I couldn't focus on reading with the beauty of the outdoors in front of me.

I made up my mind. I stood up and opened the window. "Eric, that better not be the window opening," I heard from the front room. I glanced behind me and saw no one. I quickly jumped out of the window and ran into the trees.

As I strolled through the woods behind my house, I felt thrilled at being outside when I wasn't supposed to be. I wasn't even worried about what I would face when I got home. I picked up the pole I carried with me for protection. It was impossible to know what was in the woods. I came to my usual resting spot in the middle of the woods and sat on a stump. I twirled the pole in my hands as I soaked up the sun's rays. This is just what I needed, I thought to myself.

Suddenly, I heard a snap of a twig behind me. I turned around to see what caused the noise, thinking it was probably only a dog. I stared into the darker part of the woods where the noise had come from. As I was staring, I saw something move. The shape of the creature was much larger than a dog. Scared, I ran as fast as I could to get away from it. I looked behind and saw that the thing was chasing me. I started yelling and screaming, hoping someone would hear me. I ducked under tree branches and jumped over fallen logs. My breathing was getting heavier as I was getting closer and closer to the exit of the woods.

I glanced behind myself just in time to see something huge and hairy getting closer to me. My eyes almost burst from their sockets, and I found the energy to go even faster. Then, I hit a tree and everything went dark. I'm about to die, was my last thought.

I awoke in my bed with a terrible migraine. What happened, I thought groggily. My mom was staring at me angrily. I felt more fear from her stare than I did from the creature. "You're grounded for another month," she said harshly. I had been expecting something much worse. I asked her, "Did you see what was chasing me?" She replied, "It was your stepfather in his fur coat." I laughed almost hysterically. I've learned my lesson, I thought. I won't be doing that again.
Back to top Go down
https://jordan4578.forumotion.com

Lesson Learned
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Shadow's Requiem :: My Writing :: Short Stories-
Jump to: